100% guaranteed academic English editing.
In addition to our English editors, thesis editors, and dissertation editors (please see the special pages discussing those documents), our PhD copyeditors are proficient in copyediting, proofreading, and performing all sorts of academic editing (eg. journal editing, paper editing, and all other document editing), for both students and professionals. Please check our stellar Testimonials for a short list of our thousands of satisfied clients. We have helped graduate students excel in their classes while learning the finer points of writing through our editors’ margin comments that explain their academic editing. We have also assisted working professionals—including hundreds of other PhDs in many assorted disciplines—achieve their goals of publication in a wide and impressive array of scholarly journals.
Our PhD academic editors are professors, corporate consultants, and college administrators who have written and published a variety of scholarly articles, so they understand what you’re going through. We have read thousands of academic papers in our time, so we are fully versed in the good, the bad, and the ugly of academic editing and writing. We know exactly what copyediting, proofreading and document formatting needs to be done to ensure your article, paper, or study achieves an excellent grade and/or fully realizes its publication potential.
We are familiar with all academic citation and documentation requirements: MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, Harvard, and many others. We are also adept at using any special style guides that your college, university, or scholarly journal may require.
Features & Benefits of Hiring Our Academic Editing Service:
- Our world-class Staff of all PhDs. They all teach writing and/or literature in college.
- Our endless list of testimonials. They’re all genuine, true, and trustworthy. Clients don’t get any happier than that. Here’s just one of them:
Thank you once again for the marvelous work that your editor performed. As you know, I am a repeat customer of Edit911′s and make it a practice to have you edit all of my papers before I submit them to my advisory committee. With each paper, I am more amazed at how you can take my tortured prose and make me sound intelligent…even eloquent! I look forward to using your services for many years to come.
Gregory S Dawson
Management Information Systems
University of Georgia
- Our 100% perfect Better Business Bureau of America (BBB) rating, which means that you can use our editing service with the utmost confidence, knowing that 15,000 clients before you have been satisfied by our work. No other business in any industry scores any better than perfect.
- Our helpful and informative Blog, which will give you all sorts of scholarly and practical advice about writing, especially these for Graduate Students.
- Our 100% guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with our editing.
- Our list of published clients.
Here’s more details about our academic editing:
Specifically, we will perform the following English editing, proofing, and formatting on your piece of academic writing:
- Documentation: quotation, citation, and works cited formatting
- Footnotes and endnotes
- All grammar issues, including run-on sentences, comma splices, fragments, verb tenses and agreements, etc.
- Stylistic weaknesses, such as wordiness, passive voice, awkward constructions, etc.
- All punctuation, capitalization, and use of italics
- Appropriate tone
- Appropriate diction
- Optimum organization (unity, coherence, logic, etc.)
- Paragraph structure (order of thoughts, length, transitions, etc.)
- Sentence structure (clarity, syntax, subordination and coordination, parallelism, etc.)
- Redundancy or repetition
- Content evaluation, such as the development of your ideas, the strength of your argument, the effectiveness of your support, and the identification of any weaknesses or flaws that may prevent your thesis or dissertation from being accepted
Read our guides to Academic & Scholarly Writing, Writing a Dissertation, and Tips from PhDs to Graduate Students.
For a look at the sort of extraordinary service you’ll receive, check our Sample Editing Reports.
When you submit your work for academic editing, we will place it with the English editor closest to your discipline. Put our post-doctoral copyediting skills to work for you, ensuring that your article, paper, or study satisfies your audience and achieves your desired objective for it.
What Our Academic Editing Service Does Not Do
Our editing of academic work for graduate students—specifically papers, theses, and dissertations turned in for credit toward college and university degrees—adheres to strict ethical standards. We are all college professors and we do not approve of editing services that violate ethical standards. Such editing services are helping people defraud the public by passing off work they bought as their own work. Frankly and bluntly, such cheating constitutes fraud and such people who buy papers and dissertations are, themselves, frauds.
Please take note of the following:
We are NOT a paper-writing or dissertation-writing service.
We do NOT do any conceptual thinking, research, or extensive writing for our clients.
If you have any doubt whether or not your professor approves of your employment of our editing service, please check with him or her.
We reserve the right to reject any submission that is so poorly written it cannot be ethically edited.