Your English copyediting needs demand the experienced skills of a PhD scholar. Our PhDs are working professionals—professors, corporate consultants, and college administrators—and published authors. Their writing and copyediting abilities have been honed over many years of constant practice. When you submit your work to Edit911.com, Inc. for copyediting and English proofreading, we will place it with the PhD editor most familiar with its subject matter.
Copyediting is very demanding work that requires editors to read every single word individually—focusing on diction choice—while also considering each phrase, clause, sentence, and paragraph for grammatical correctness and stylistic excellence. We will ensure that your work is as good as it can be. Best of all, we guarantee that you will be delighted by our editing, as have over 21,000 clients whose satisfaction has earned us our perfect A+ BBB rating.
Specifically, we will perform the following English copyediting, proofreading, and document formatting (when relevant) of your work:
- Documentation: quotation, citation, and works cited formatting
- Footnotes and endnotes
- All grammar issues, including run-on sentences, comma splices, fragments, verb tenses and agreements, etc.
- Stylistic weaknesses, such as wordiness, passive voice, awkward constructions, etc.
- All punctuation, capitalization, and use of italics
- Appropriate tone
- Appropriate diction
- Optimum organization (unity, coherence, logic, etc.)
- Paragraph structure (order of thoughts, length, transitions, etc.)
- Sentence structure (clarity, syntax, subordination and coordination, parallelism, etc.)
- Redundancy or repetition
- Content evaluation, such as the development of your ideas, the strength of your argument, the effectiveness of your support, and the identification of any weaknesses or flaws that may prevent your work from achieving its maximum level of quality.